Wigs for Seniors
Wigs for seniors are basically any synthetic or human hair wig! With the growing population of seniors, the demand for wigs and hair topper (top pieces) is definitely on the rise! But women classified as Seniors are not going over that hill without a fight. More women over the age of 60 are looking at least 10-15 years younger because of the increasing focus on taking care of the body and mind. Great hair is also a huge part in looking and feeling younger.
Best Wigs for Older Women
One good rule of thumb is to pick out your favorite facial feature and find a style to highlight it. You don’t have to get an “old lady” cut or length just because you are over 60. You won’t find wigs for seniors because you can choose any wig you like! I mean…. Have you seen how amazing Raquel Welch looks in all her wigs? Okay… there is only one Raquel, but we can look as good by following her lead on some simple things to keep in mind
We are seeing a trend toward the more fashion forward wigs and hairpieces for senior women. The wig trend for younger women of all ages celebrity or not is also gaining momentum, so it is not wonder that older women are on the bandwagon. Many celebs are talking about their wig habit quite openly..actually, almost shouting it from the rooftops as their wigs and hairpieces are a big part in why their hair looks flawless! This definitely makes the trend spread more quickly. Shop Christie Brinkley's line of hairpieces!
The days of going shorter and more matronly just because you’re are maturing… gone! Fine wine gets better with age. We can too!
A few great tips:
- Keep it Simple! – feel comfortable in your style. Don’t succumb to the “rules” of aging that you feel you have to adhere to. If you like your hair a bit longer… go for it! Stay simple and true to yourself. You know what works for you. Don’t go crazy, though! Leave that to Lady Gaga. Upgrade your own style 😉
- Go for a Natural Looking Hairline - Say it with me….."Lace front!" it is so important to have a natural hairline. This is huge for your confidence in wearing wigs. Lace fronts come in human hair wigs and synthetic wigs. They make all the difference if the hairline of the wig is going to be visible at all. Rule of thumb: if the hairline shows…make sure it’s lace front.
- Don’t go too Bulky at the Crown – Lots of women think height at the crown gives a fuller look...however, it has a tendency to scream wig! Fullness should be even on the top and not give a bouffant look at the crown.
- Don’t Think age appropriate means ‘Short’ – Short wigs can be fun and gorgeous on many women…but make sure a short style works for your face shape and style. A short wig on the wrong face shape can add years to your look. Not exactly the look we are going for!
- Color is Key! – Although Grey is the new black as the grey color trend for younger women sweeps the globe, don’t feel like you have to go grey just because you are a ‘woman of a certain age’. You can pull of most any color at almost any age. This is a fact! I get that you can embrace your silver locks with style if you are a confident woman… go for it! But for those of us who don’t want to go gently in to that silvery night…. Play with color that makes you feel younger!
So wigs for seniors are not old lady wigs. They are all the top brands and the latest styles that everyone else is wearing. Break free from the stereotype in your mind that just holds you back! Look for a hairstyle that you feel compliments your face shape and matches your lifestyle. Whether you go with a gray wig or finally go for it with that vibrant red wig you have always wanted to try..the key is confidence! There are no rules anymore.